Succulent Ramblings

I like to ramble on about my plants... and other things! My hope is to log the progress of plants and talk about my frustrations with others. So, tune in, turn on, or drop out (if you find it boring!)

Sunday, December 18, 2005

This is my first blog post. I don't know very much about blogs except the concept, which I kind of like. I've always enjoyed writing, and it's good to have a place to express one's self and talk about the things that excite us...

I've titled my blog "Succulent Ramblings" because this is my main interest. I plan to log changes I see in my succulents, my new aquisitions and those I surrender to others with a bit of melancholy. I once thought that one who collects merely adds to their collection, but what I have concluded is that a collection (of anything) is a constantly evolving, constantly changing thing. Although I usually feel a certain amount of sadness at giving up on growing a certain plant, I also usually feel a sense of relief, mostly because I usually decide to part with plants that don't necessarily thrive in the climate I live in and conditions I can provide in winter. I often still adore the plant in its most ideal state - I just can't maintain it in that state. So I part with the plant, and then the anticipation of replacing it with a new plant that I think I will have greater success with set in!

And on this note, I will close my first blog. Tomorrow, I will peruse my greenhouse and find a plant or two and I want to ramble about. And perhaps some other un-plant-related topics will be foremost in my mind - who knows! I have no idea if or how anyone else can view this, and I will likely bore anyone else to tears, but I find the prospect of having a place to ramble on kind of exciting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home