Succulent Ramblings

I like to ramble on about my plants... and other things! My hope is to log the progress of plants and talk about my frustrations with others. So, tune in, turn on, or drop out (if you find it boring!)

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Well, so far the "mess" has turned out ok.  Apparently, the cop that issued Mark's ticket screwed it up somehow and it didn't get on the docket, so he didn't have to appear in court.  Our lawyer says unless the officer comes out and re-issues the ticket, we're home free and clear.  The officers came up to the hospital after the accident to give me the ticket - I guess I wonder if maybe, after seeing him in a full-blown gand mal seizure for 30 minutes, then seeing him unconcious in ICU with a tube down his throat if maybe the officer didn't "oops" on the ticket on purpose, thinking "this guy's got ENOUGH problems without a ticket on top of it all."  Mark doesn't think a cop would be that compassionate - I know they probably get very cyncial, but I'm sure they have compassionate moments for non-criminal types now and then...

And as for the medical bills, so far I'm pretty surprised by a) how NOT so terribly expensive everything is, and b) how little we've had to pay so far.  Maybe there's still a ton to come, I don't know.  Here are some examples...  He had dozens of x-rays, to look at his heart and other "parts", and they charged $27 apiece, we have to pay $1.68 apiece!  The day he went in, they did a lot of tests - example, a CT scan was about $1600 - we owe about $28 on that.  The day he left, they did a heart cath - $711 and we owe $62.  I don't know - I hear Medicare doesn't pay very well, but so far, I'm not going to complain!

I took a couple of photos of my Hoya macrophylla in the sunroom.  This vine of leaves where the one massive leaf formed had made new leaves in the last year that are every bit as big as that massive leaf...

I know mac is one of those that is prone to produce some large leaves, but now it seems like all the new leaves on this one are extraordinarily large, so I wonder if it has maybe gone rogue on me!  I know that less light can bring on larger leaves, but this is a south window.  Granted, it doesn't get any direct sun at all in the summer, but in winter, it gets quite a bit of morning to about early afternoon sun.  So it seems to grow at least as much in winter as it does in summer. 

Also in the sunroom is my cv. Jennifer.  It has gotten some extraordinarily large leaves, too.  I'm anxious for it to bloom for me now.  I have some photos, but event though I turned them from a side view, they still show up that way here and I can't figure out how to turn them upright.  Here's a photo...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home