Succulent Ramblings

I like to ramble on about my plants... and other things! My hope is to log the progress of plants and talk about my frustrations with others. So, tune in, turn on, or drop out (if you find it boring!)

Sunday, January 28, 2024

Hell...

 I recently blogged about the fact that I don't believe hell exits.  I'm starting to wish it did!  I'm so utterly disgusted by the direction so much of America is going.  Of course, politics brings out the worst of the worst, but I really need to just shut out the rhetoric if I'm going to keep my sanity.  Here are the questions and observations that swirl through my mind on an endless loop until I find a way to calm down when I listen to the news...

*How do otherwise decent purportedly "christian" people stand behind a man who revels in spewing vile, insulting, degrading remarks at anyone who disagrees with him?

*Why can't the republican party come up with a better candidate?  Has the party gotten so far away from decency that it can't see a better way?  How sad is that?

*When did it become ok to rape, assault, degrade and humiliate women?  It must be ok because over half of the republicans overlook it in the highest office in our country.  And then there are the worst of them who threaten the life of a woman HE treated this way because she had the nerve to call him out on it legally.

*And what does it say about our citizens who will still vote for a criminal whose crimes include business fraud, mishandling of classified documents, election interference and of course inciting his followers to storm the capital (in which one person died and 174 police officers were injured)?

*How does one get over the embarrassment of living in a country that thinks Trump is an appropriate leader?  I often ask myself, what must the world think of us?  I saw a clip of John Cleese on a late-night show, talking about Trump's popularity.  He said, "He still has about 38-39% of voters behind him... but these are the dumbest people!  One woman, when asked how she can support him after what he said on the bus, about if you're a celebrity, women expect you to grab their pussy.  She said, 'Well, he never would have said that if he'd known he was being recorded!'"  Is this really our mentality??

*Don't people listen to the man?  He's said so many incredibly STUPID things that would make us burst out laughing if it weren't so woefully sad that he actually said them seriously...  stealth bombers are literally invisible... maybe we could put a bomb in a hurricane to disperse it... how about we inject bleach or disinfectant into our veins to fight the coronavirus?... a personal favorite that DID make me laugh was how the troops "took over the airports" during the revolutionary war. He's not the first president who isn't the sharpest crayon in the box - but most have been smart enough NOT to open their mouth about things they know nothing about.

*When I ask friends why they would vote for this kind of man again, the response I get most often... "Well, the economy was good when he was in office."  I guess this is the epitome of what our country has become.  Money truly is our God.  The almighty buck is more important than upholding decent values and having a man who makes us proud to be our leader.  

*And the worst thing about this (for me, anyway) is that I discovered that a lot of people who I thought I knew as thoughtful, intelligent, kind human beings defend this vile person.  

I know I live in the Midwest where conservative is a badge of honor, where I have to be careful what I say as a free-thinking independent less I be branded a "flaming liberal"... But I think people used to be willing to cross party lines to vote for the one that is best for our country, to keep us going in the right direction.  It's not like that any more, on either side to be honest.  It's "vote for (my side) come hell or high water... I'd rather go to hell than concede that the other side might have a better candidate." It's sad what we've become.

I do love this country.  I have my "lady cave" devoted to Americana decor.  My walls are red, white, blue... I can not pass up any kind of decoration with our flag on it. I know there are a lot of decent people here, even among the Trump supporters.  I think he somehow has many mesmerized - maybe mass hypnosis??  I don't get it.  But it scares the bejesus out of me and if he gets re-elected... I wonder where we will be at the end of another 4 years?  I guess I'll just try to focus on my pile of money growing and not look at anything else! Learn to bow to that golden calf...

And now, I need to go raise my vibration.  Next time will be all about plants, a much better subject!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home