Succulent Ramblings

I like to ramble on about my plants... and other things! My hope is to log the progress of plants and talk about my frustrations with others. So, tune in, turn on, or drop out (if you find it boring!)

Friday, June 03, 2011

I have to pop in and say...  R.I.P. James Arness!  It's SO bizarre!  Mark and I were watching TV, channel 45 (AMC) and Mark commented that coming up later are several episodes of The Rifleman.  We did a little bantering about the show, how long it ran.  He thought a LONG time.  I thought not so much, becuase my Dad was a real fan of westerns and I didn't really remember it.  So I went to the internet.  The Rifelman ran from 1958 to 1963.  (I would have been only 5 when it ended...)  I thought Gunsmoke was the one that was really, really long running, because I could remember watching that one a lot when I was a kid.  And sure enough, Gunsmoke ran from 1955 to 1975, 20 years.   So Mark asks, "When did James Arness die?"  I'm sure he was thinking some time ago.  NOT!!  He died.... TODAY!!!  How weird is that??

Well, I hope my Dad shook his hand as he passed into source.  And I bet Miss Kitty (who left us in 1989) was there to greet him!  Congrats, James, on your transition back to source!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home