Succulent Ramblings

I like to ramble on about my plants... and other things! My hope is to log the progress of plants and talk about my frustrations with others. So, tune in, turn on, or drop out (if you find it boring!)

Saturday, June 25, 2011

It's 4:30 a.m. and we've got a wicked thunderstorm (ligthening storm?) going on and Lucy won't let me sleep.  She's hiding under the desk at my feet right now.  Pretty pathetic for a 120 German Shepherd.  I always thought that kids & dogs took their cue from adults when responding to storms, but Lucy cetainly defies that logic.  Mark and I are both pretty ho-hum about storms - if anything, I get the good kind of excited, loving the tumultousness of a good thunderstorm.  But Lucy is just a BIG baby.  She will not leave me alone, pants and paws at me, whining.  I have no idea what she wants.  If Mark is up, I can usually get him to keep her downstairs, but he's sleeping and she won't stay down there.  I think it's probably because in the dark, she can still see the lightening and when the TV isn't blaring, she can hear the thunder and she worries about me being upstairs alone.  What a pain!

I somehow managed to hurt my right foot today.  Not sure how.  I took my show plants out to Mulhall's and then hung around out there for a couple hours.  By the time I was ready to come home, my foot was killing me AND I was dizzy!  I mean, pretty darn dizzy!  It think I got that part figure out though - I've been fighting this sinus infection (I've lost my voice again) and when it really got going a week ago, I could really feel it in my ears.  I think I've probably got a little inner ear thing going on.  I've got an appointment Monday with the doc to recheck my BP - I'll ask him to take a look in there...

So I put quite a few plants in the show this year, mostly because Kathy was really "calling out" to members to bring as many as possible since Karen wouldn't be showing this year, and neither is Roberta.  I took quite a few I probably wouldn't have normally, but it was a little easier to do that since we aren't selling plants this year.  I'll post photos of all the ones I have in the show and whether they won any ribbons when it's over.

Well, I think I'm going to try to go back to bed.  The storm seems to be getting a little quieter (who knows if that will last.) If she doesn't let me go back to sleep, I'll get up and water a few plants!

3 Comments:

At 4:12 AM, Blogger Julie said...

I sure hope you are feeling better! I found that if I put my chihuahua in the bathroom with the light on, it helps to where she can't see the lightning as much. I also use the natural drops from the pet shop (I drop them on treats) to help calm her with storms...it doesn't take the fear away completely, but definately helps. We start giving them a day prior to any fireworks, for sure.

Get well soon, Okay???

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Candice Suter.....Sweetstuff said...

Hi! Hey don't mess around with sinus infections. They drain into your ears and can get them infected and your Eustachian tubes. I learned this the hard way. I didn't realize that not treating your sinus infections leads to a build up of diseased tissue in your sinuses! After a while there is so much that you have sinus infections all the time and headaches. I had to finally have 6 sinus surgeries. They could only take so much bad tissue at a time. So it took a long time and now I am great. But I try to tell people the lesson I learned.

Hey glad that I found someone else that loves succulents like I do. I don't show them like you do but I am crazy about them.

 
At 4:10 AM, Anonymous Lisa said...

First time to visit your site. I find it so nice. Please keep posting so that you can continue to inspire readers just like me.

Lisa from video-guitar-lessons-personal-teacher

 

Post a Comment

<< Home