Succulent Ramblings

I like to ramble on about my plants... and other things! My hope is to log the progress of plants and talk about my frustrations with others. So, tune in, turn on, or drop out (if you find it boring!)

Sunday, March 13, 2016

As the days grow longer, I'm finding more and more new growth on my Hoyas.  I got a new shelf to put in the sunroom - moved stuff around a bit and actually seems more roomy now.  I put my wicker chair in the corner.  I had moved it to do some cleaning and got to thinking that if it was in the corner, next to the heat vent, the cats would probably love to lay there in the winter.  Of course, in summer they'll probably avoid it!  Anyway, when I move it over to the corner, I moved the end table (from my 1990's waterbed set!) over and it left a perfect spot in front of the north window for another shelf.  And I found one that fit just right...
 I put my wandering lobbii growing in hydroton on the top shelf.  

Speaking of which, I think I'm going to take my biggest/oldest lobbii (I have 3 now!) and whack it up to sell.  They root incredibly fast and easy, so I should have pots and pots of them ready in a few weeks.  Think I'll do that today... And boy, will that give me some room on that top shelf in the GH!!

So to some of the new growth I'm seeing...Hoya cv. Joy has a new leaf emerging...
And so is dolichosparte, that sit right below Joy...
Two little tiny leaves emerging on a new vine.  This one, I think, could be a good grower.  It's an old Ted Green cutting from 2012, so it's 4 years old, but I've never had any of Ted's cuttings take off - seems like they always take a few years to get going.  I'm not sure why, but it seems to be a trend with his.

I moved surigaoensis (IML 1693) to the spare bedroom.  I used to have several small plants on a little chest, but this surigaoensis has gotten to be such a showboat that I decided it needed to be displayed all by itself.  Look at this one massive leaf!...
 And look here...new growth!!...
 
 Latifolia isn't growing (as far as I can tell) but I had to show these two big leaves that are trying to cascade over the shelf in the GH...

I'm so jealous of my new bud Marco who has a NEW latifolia that is growing by leaps and bounds.  Now granted, he lives in Florida, but I've had mine 10 years and it's healthy, but not large.  I bet his will be a monster in 10 years!

Got the lobbii cut up...
This isn't even all of them.  I put a couple in some perlite.  I think I'll put what's left of the plant out on the back porch this summer, then sell it at summer's end.  

Well, off to do some real work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home