Succulent Ramblings

I like to ramble on about my plants... and other things! My hope is to log the progress of plants and talk about my frustrations with others. So, tune in, turn on, or drop out (if you find it boring!)

Monday, July 27, 2015

Time flies!

Well, here it is nearly August.  So much has grown, bloomed - new plants, cuttings, so much to report...  I figured I better get going and get some of this stuff down so I have something to look back at for the "goings-on" this summer!

Last time, I showed lucardensiana budding up.  The buds never made it to maturity, dropped, and it tried to rebud and dropped again.  Apparently it gave up, but it did decide to start growing, so that's very exciting!  It's a neat little plant and I've been anxious for it to grow, so I'm ok with it deciding to put its energy into growing right now...

Paulshirleyii is another that tried to bud up.  It has 3 peduncles (which is a lot for such a small plant!!) and it keeps budding and dropping, budding and dropping, so it seems hell-bent on getting it done.  I hope it does!

Let's talk about what has been blooming!  Bicknellii decided to bloom:
Love these blooms!  They're pretty small for the size of the plant, but they remind me of little candies, like star-shaped red hots, sitting on a fluff of cotton candy or something.  Very cute!

'Krinkle 8' has been blooming up a storm - more than ever in the past.  It's got long vines growing up across the GH and the flowers are all over the place...
They're so pretty, like fungii... But weirdly enough, the new vines have leaves that are losing the "krinkle"...
 
They're starting to look more like carnosa than 'K8'...  I'm wondering if it tends to happen as the plant ages.  I'm pretty sure I got this from Yale - maybe I'll have to e-mail him and ask him about that...

My noID that I THINK is Ngong Ngoy bloomed again...
It's a stunner!  The white edges make it SO striking!!  It's a lot like... I think it's 'Red Buttons' that has the white edges...

Fitchii bloomed again as well...

More about the show...I had two Echevierias in the show - derenbergii won 2nd place:

And Echevieria agavoides cv. 'Lipstick' got 3rd place:
Sedum rubrotinctum aurora got 2nd place.  I guess I don't have a photo of that one...  I had one of the big Thai Crown of Thorns that got 2nd place:


More about the winners tomorrow!!







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home