Succulent Ramblings

I like to ramble on about my plants... and other things! My hope is to log the progress of plants and talk about my frustrations with others. So, tune in, turn on, or drop out (if you find it boring!)

Sunday, February 22, 2015

I'm sitting here at work, waiting for my next appointment.  Figured I could start on a post to be finished up later at home...

I've been meticulously starting Hoyas.  I got these little seed starter trays - one has 16, the other 12.  One has a dome the other didn't.  The one with the dome is smaller - I started cuttings from small species in that one - species like curtisii, sigillatis, davidcummingii...  I started some larger ones in the other one, then I put one of the big domes over it.  I'm hoping everything will root quickly so they're ready to sell this spring...

I apparently neglected my Hoya callistrophylla and it's been looking very dehydrated.  So yesterday, I whacked it back and soaked the cuttings with some superthrive in the water.  Later, I planted the cuttings and put some in the aquarium, some in the dome in the GH and the last 4 in a tray that I covered with plastic.  I'm going to go ahead and order a new one from Gardinos, and I'll put what's left o my old plant outside in spring to see if it will recover.  Who knows...it could come back to be one of the nicest Hoyas ever!

Last summer, I whacked away at my bhutanica - nothing radical, but I got it whacked back to nicer, fresher looking growth.  And it took off.  There's nothing quite like a good whacking to make a plant get going! LOL!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home