Succulent Ramblings

I like to ramble on about my plants... and other things! My hope is to log the progress of plants and talk about my frustrations with others. So, tune in, turn on, or drop out (if you find it boring!)

Tuesday, November 03, 2015

"What you do is miniscule in comparison with what you choose to think, because your vibration is so much more powerful and so much more important."  

So I'm trying to think positive thoughts.  Which I'm good at, for the most part.  But I'm trying to do so in relation to the business.  It's been such a poor year, it's hard to not worry...  Worry is a negative emotion.  I need to be positive.  When we get jobs, they are good jobs.  Good people to work with.  It's been a poor year for bars, which I don't really get...  Our prices remain very competitive, but people either aren't drinking as much or are choosing not to spend as much.  In either case, we're seeing it in our bar receipts.  But on the other hand, we don't have the trouble we have with hard-drinking groups, so that's one on the side of PLUS.  

So I can always find positive things to think and say about my personal life.  For instance, we're getting SO close to having our house paid off, I'm getting very excited!  The loan is sitting at a little over $17,000, and a little under $300 a month goes to the principal (our payment is $346) so it drops by $1000 nearly every three months. I've had stretches where I have put an extra $150/month toward principal, but I haven't done that this year at all... This year, I put my money into the kitchen - all that's left there is the painting.  I have to find a good painter because my awesome painter quoted me way, WAY too much to prep and pain 2 doorways and 2 windows... 

My cats - they are my JOY.  Spike is my super-love-muffin!  He follows me around like a puppy, wanting constant love.  We are totally sympatico!  It's funny - he sleeps in my spot on the bed at night until I get up (from my chair, where my sleep starts due to my back) to go to bed.  He insists I rub his belly for about 2-3 minutes, then takes off and goes to sleep in the chair that I got up from.  Then, if I get up to go back to the chair, he will often come up on my lap and sleep, if Pearl doesn't beat him to it... His sister, Cleo, is turning into quite the sweetheart herself.  Both of them have the bad habit of swishing between my legs when I'm trying to walk.  It can be a real challenge to maneuver around them! LOL!  Then Pearl - she's my mostly aloof kitty, though she is my sleep buddy, too.  She likes to spend the night on my lap when I'm in my sleep chair.  Otherwise, she's just a little beauty queen (Mark calls her "Diva") walking around and talking a lot...  And Bella, Pearl's sister, is my lap girl when we're downstairs watching TV.  She wants to go under my lap blanket on my lap.  Sometimes, Spike will join her, once in awhile, Pearl will join her.  Here's the gang...  First, Pearl...

...and Bella...
I got Pearl and Bella from my friend, Liane, back in 2008 as 6 week old kitties.  We call them "cow-kitties" because of their white fur and black spots!  They both have beautiful blue eyes.

Then we have Spike...

... and Cleo...
I got them right after Wes (my brother) passed away in the fall of 2013.  They're the most playfull cats I've ever had and still, at 2 years old, play like the dickens.  Even though Spike's eyes look green in this photo (weird!), they have golden eyes.  I've always been fascinated with cats' eyes because it feels like they can see right into your soul!

And I have my plants that keep me "in the zone".  They all did so well this year... Since I feel that plants "feel" our vibes, that this must mean that they are getting mostly positive vibes from me.  That means in spite of how bad my hip was, I was still emitting quite a few positive vibes this summer.  Now that the hip is better, they should REALLY be happy as I am FEELING so much more positive!

And wow, what a great fall we've had!!  So much decent weather.  Here it is, November 3rd and I have windows wide open, even had the air on for a couple hours yesterday because it got stuffy in here.  It got up to nearly 80!  I know it won't last, but it's oh-so-nice to enjoy it while we can!  Mark is sitting on the back porch right now (2:30) and it's sunny and 70 degrees!  Awesome!  I've been puttering around, taking cuttings - that's spring work, but it FEELS like spring!  LOL!

So I whacked off the big Agave at work... It had gotten a bare stem and top heavy and SO large.  Here's the whacked head:
There are two cute pups that were at the base that will look great in another year, I'm betting.  I'll have to get a photo of them.

Off to plan supper!



2 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Your blog is very impressive….
_____________
HD Wallpapers

 
At 12:28 AM, Anonymous tattoo thoughts said...

great shere with you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home