Succulent Ramblings

I like to ramble on about my plants... and other things! My hope is to log the progress of plants and talk about my frustrations with others. So, tune in, turn on, or drop out (if you find it boring!)

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Today is Easter Sunday.  Since I don't do church, I figured I'd blog instead!  For a bit, anyway...  We're going down to my nephew's home later today for our family get-together.  It'll be nice to see the grand-niece and nephews.  I haven't seen Henry for some time - he was born last July 4th, so I guess that makes him almost 9 months old now!  Will is almost 18 months, and Ella is going on 7 this summer.  Here's my sister's whole entourage...
 This was before Henry - here he is right after he was born, in Daddy's arms...
I'll have to get a new pic of him!  I guess most of the pics I have are from right after he was born.  Anyway, they're all very close and since I didn't have any kids of my own (and therefore no grandkids), it's kind of nice to have them to visit.  Mom really enjoys it, too!

So I spent a lot of time in the GH getting plants cleaned up and giving them a once-over for new growth, bugs, etc.  My damn cagayanensis had mealies on it.  I must have spend a good half hour or so cleaning it up.  It's not that it had a lot of them, but there was dead stuff in there and it's such a tangled mess of leaves, it took a lot to untangle it so that I could inspect every single leaf.  But I got it all cleaned up and reattached to the hoop and now I just have to keep a close eye on it for a few weeks.  I found a couple more mealies close by (that's the trouble with having them on one...)  Otherwise, everything I pulled down looked pretty good.

I found verticillata budding up - just one so far...
It's one of my favorites for fragrance.  It seems to be staying in good shape (thankfully).  I thought I was losing it a couple springs ago and took a bunch of cuttings.  I'm so glad it made a comeback...

The one I finally concluded must be sp. Ban Ngong Ngoy is blooming...
 Such nice contrast on this one!  The flowers remind me a lot of 'Red Buttons' and 'Bright One'.  I think it's fragrant at night - I didn't notice a fragrance when taking this pic, but the night before I walked past the GH and thought, "Hm, something is obviously blooming!"  

My biggest hairy kerrii seems to be budding up as well...
 I'll have to make it a point to check my other kerriis today.  Pubicalyx 'Philippean Black' is putting on new growth that's true to its name...
They say this is the same species as chimera.  

Well, I need to get my potatoes on to take down to Easter dinner.  More later!

1 Comments:

At 1:23 AM, Anonymous Fashion said...

Wow ! Very nice,,,i really like it..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home