Succulent Ramblings

I like to ramble on about my plants... and other things! My hope is to log the progress of plants and talk about my frustrations with others. So, tune in, turn on, or drop out (if you find it boring!)

Sunday, July 22, 2018

All is growing...

...Well, ALMOST all.  My very stubborn H. sigillatis is still showing no signs of growth.  I mist it daily and encourage it, and though it feels fat and happy, no growth.  

Hoya parasitica 'Lau 2', which I've apparently had 5 years, has a new shoot.  Now this one did well for me for awhile, then it went into decline.  It got down to only 3 leaves.  I seem to recall I put it in my humidity dome for a period of time.  That might have been last summer.  It stabilized and looked healthy other than only having 3 leaves this last winter.  Well, I was starting to wonder if it would ever grow and lo and behold, I found a new shoot a week or so ago.  I'm anxious for it to fill in again!  It has such pretty splotchy leaves... here's a photo from when it was full and nice:
Next to it on the shelves in the GH is H. sp. 22 'Khao Yai' - I got a cutting of that from Kathy, then one from Ric as well.  It's looking freakin' fantastic this year and growing like a weed!  I'm not sure how long ago I got it...
 

Not a great pic, but it shows all the new vines and tiny leaves.  The leaves are super-pretty on this one... similar to macrophylla only smaller...
Then above that is bicknellii, which I got as a cutting from Dee in Florida in 2011.  It's turned into quite a gorgeous plant!
It's been growing in that same spot for at least 2 years without being turned, so all the leaves are facing the window.  I need to turn it around to give it more uniformity.  I'll do that in a bit and take another pic.  I like this one because it's very succulent.  I bet Dee's is a monster by now!!

I restarted my diversifolia this spring.  The whole plant took a dump over the winter.  I think the soil it's in is rock solid, and the whole thing got very dehydrated, to the point I didn't think I could salvage it.  But I never give up without at least trying and just put the best stems in water and waited.  It took it a long time over the winter and early spring, but it grew roots and rehydrated.  I planted it upprobably 3 months ago and it just took off like a rocket! Here's what it looks like today:
Unbelievable!  And there's lots of new points of growth, like this...
  Also growing well is my Dischidia parasitica:
I also started a small one off of this that's now growing in the sunroom.  Though it's a bit fussy, this is one of my favorite Dischidias...

Memoria has turned into one crazy big plant, especially considering it's a small-leaved Hoya and in only a 5" pot. Here is a pic of the whole plant:
And it's been budding and blooming like crazy - here are two photos...
These two were taken a week or 10 days ago, before they blooms started opening.  Here's what the open flowers look like:
 I must be doing something right!  

Lastly, I wanted to show the new growth on 'Michelle', which has barely grown for me until this year.  The new growth is just outstanding.  I took two photos, one with flash and one without:

 And that's it for today!  

 
 

 
 
 

 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home