Succulent Ramblings

I like to ramble on about my plants... and other things! My hope is to log the progress of plants and talk about my frustrations with others. So, tune in, turn on, or drop out (if you find it boring!)

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

As I sit here in the basement with my laptop, Lucy is lying next to me with her head on my lap, which makes typing difficult! But it's so sweet to have my big, beautiful girl sleeping right here next to me. She's my love muffin! I'll add a photo here in the a.m. for anyone who doesn't know what a beauty she is...

So I ordered 3 plants from Accents last week based on a posting on GW. They came yesterday and they were really pretty nice. First was H. bandaensis, which I'd never heard of and was curious about. Turned out to be globulosa, which I'd just gotten some of from Rick/Anne. But I justput both in the same semi-hydro pot. I had the small one from Rick/Anne in the seim-hydro media and it was sucking up the water so fast, I could hardly keep up! A thirsty devil!

I also go variegated multiflora. The leaves are much smaller than my javanica, so I wonder if it might actually be the real multiflora variegated. I think it will be lovely...

And the third was H. lanceolata bella variegata. Now, despite the package being totally smashed on one side, they all seem to be fine. I was especially surprised that L/B looked so good because it seems a little delicate.

Also this week I got a package from Johanna on GW with a few rooted cuttings of linearis. It's such a beautiful little plant! I hope I can keep this one alive. I'm going to send her a box of multiflora/javanica cuttings in return tomorrow.

Anyway, life is good! Lots of Hoyas. Kitty on legs. Puppy's sweet face on lap. Roof over head. Good food. Hubby's walkin' around as if he wasn't sporting a prosthetic leg. Yep - life is good!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home