Succulent Ramblings

I like to ramble on about my plants... and other things! My hope is to log the progress of plants and talk about my frustrations with others. So, tune in, turn on, or drop out (if you find it boring!)

Monday, August 10, 2009

Life rolls along... in a good way, I might add! It was scorchingly hot on Sat., when we had around 200 guests at a reception. But the A/C's kept up nonetheless! Yippee!

Yesterday, Sunday, was a totally weird day, weather-wise. A cold front apparently moved in (PRAISE THE LORD!!), so it was much nicer, but it was a day of strange thunderstorms. It would rumble around for about an hour, darken up considerably, then rain for a bit. A couple hours later, it would start the whole process over again. It must have done this at least 5 times! STRANGE!! But I loved it 'cuz I'm a fan of weird weather!!

Today (Monday) was much more "normal" (if that actually exists here in the Midwest!) Mid to upper '80s, a little humid. I'm starting to bring in Haworthias and Gasterias, and some Euphoria milliis. With so many plants, I have to start early!

Mark has been laid off for nearly a month and he's driving me a bit batty. He's gotten into "golf" mode, which isn't cheap. I've told him - when the bucks run out, he's going to have to sit around with his thumb up his ass... He still seems intent on spending it as fast as possible!! Doofus! *Sidenote: I love his doofus ass! That makes me "Mrs. Doofus" - uh-yup!** I guess we can't all be good at all stuff... meaning... he can't be a financial genius, and I can't be expected to pick (nor would I necessarily want!) a financial genius to fall in love with! Life is fun/weird/exhilerating/never dull... Get my drift?!! Anyone who thinks it should be easy is so off base... How uninteresting would it be if it were EASY??? YUCK!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home