Succulent Ramblings

I like to ramble on about my plants... and other things! My hope is to log the progress of plants and talk about my frustrations with others. So, tune in, turn on, or drop out (if you find it boring!)

Monday, March 28, 2016

Hoya juanngoiana is one I've had a long time...got it in a trade with Dee 8 years ago.  And it rooted, but never did much for a few years.  A coupld years ago, it really started growing, and last year, I put it in one of the big EA hanging pots.  And it has gotten fat and happy and several new leaves.  I'm hoping it will bloom this year...

I'm not sure what the dark spots are - they're just on the leaf surface and really don't look like anything to be worried about.  In fact, the leaves are otherwise shiny and succulent and even look nice on the backside, so I think it might just be a sun thing - it hangs in a sunny spot at the top of the GH.  

And I took down shepherdell today.  That's another one that got moved up to a bigger pot last year (same kind/size as above) and it is doing outstanding!  It has at least 4 new vines shooting out new leaves.  I imagine it will bloom this year.  It's been a couple years since it bloomed, which is why I moved it up.  I think once they get overly potbound, they quit blooming (at least some of them do...)

I checked over macgillivrayii and onychoides and I see no signs of growth.  Weirdly enough, the one in the bedroom shot out a couple new vines after I potted it up a size, but then it went dormant again.  They're always late to start growing.  I've always wondered if it's that they come from down under where the summer is during our winter, or if it's just their nature...

More after this next crazy weekend.

1 Comments:

At 1:22 AM, Anonymous Fashion said...

Greatful and nice blog, Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home