Succulent Ramblings

I like to ramble on about my plants... and other things! My hope is to log the progress of plants and talk about my frustrations with others. So, tune in, turn on, or drop out (if you find it boring!)

Saturday, June 11, 2016

I figured out how to post a YouTube video, so here's my Epiphyllum that bloomed yesterday...
Epi in bloom! 

I wish I'd gotten a video of the one that bloomed at the show...
 That was pretty impressive!  How often does a plant wait until the day of the show to open?  NEVER!  Ok, rarely...  I knew this was going to be a beauty - the outside of the flower before it opened was the deepest red...  And Epi (or in this case, Wittia...) is not a plant you would otherwise show.  They are not particularly pretty plants - in fact they're messy space-hogs.  But those flowers are just SO outstanding, it's worth keeping a few.

More tomorrow.  My back is killing me and I can't sit still any longer! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home