Succulent Ramblings

I like to ramble on about my plants... and other things! My hope is to log the progress of plants and talk about my frustrations with others. So, tune in, turn on, or drop out (if you find it boring!)

Monday, April 13, 2020

Friday, Sunday, Monday early...

FRIDAY

I was blogging along and LOST yesterday's (Friday's) content! Granted, I didn't post much other than stats as I had a lazy day yesterday. I remember that the updated numbers for yesterday were 519 cases of Coronavirus here in Nebraska, and that they have moved then peak date to the 26th, back another day. But the significant stat was that we will have an estimated 10 deaths on the 25th instead of 18! That tells me that this social distancing is doing its job.

Interestingly enough,  Mark came home yesterday and told me that they had closed all the parks. I did hear that on this morning's news, but he apparently went to a little park and they actually had it cordoned off with tape so that he couldn't get in. That sounds stupid, but this morning on the news they said that people are gathering and not obeying the social distancing rule. I know it's hard, and especially for social oriented people, but it's also important. Or at least I keep hoping that this isn't some giant hoax!

First thing's first... Last evening, I found that Hoya EPC-392 buds  opened...
I took down my rigida and watered it.  I got it from Awanda as a cutting in 2008. Decided to take a couple of cuttings off of it. It should definitely be one that brings a few bucks.



SUNDAY

I forgot to post yesterday's stats on Coronavirus and am unable to find those numbers now. But I did find that buy 8 p.m. Friday night, there were 648 cases. Today, it says there were 791 cases as of 11:40 a.m. this morning. And there have been 17 deaths. There has been 10700 people tested so far. Your paragraph on the national website it's showing that yesterday was the peak date 4 the whole United States. They moved Nebraska speech date to May 1st oh, and they're now estimating 8 deaths on May 2nd. I have to assume that the number of death it's falling because they're figuring out how to treat it? It seems like a logical conclusion to me. Earlier use of this website showed that they were estimating 478 deaths in Nebraska, and now they're estimating 273. I think this is definitely something to be celebrated! It's not going to be as bad as they had originally predicted.

I got up this Easter morning and found that dasyantha's budding umble had opened...
Hoya polyneura is one that I grew for a few years. My original one what is an exotic angel plant and true to form, it started to decline after a couple of years and I lost it. I did salvage some cuttings, but I eventually lost those as well. A year or so ago, Karen from the Cactus Club gave me a couple of cuttings. I managed to take cuttings from that eventually and Route them back in. It's grown quite a bit, and I just took three more cuttings and put them back in the pot. As you can see from the first photo, I stuck three skewers in there and clipped the cuttings to the skewer to secure them. I did that also in the hopes that once they're rooted in and I take the skewers away if this stems will fall in a way that the leaves will be upright. I took a second photo have a close-up have a few of the particularly pretty leaves.
MONDAY

I meant to publish this last night but didn't get to it. So I'm going to give this morning's statistics and probably start a new host with the statistics that are updated later today.  As of last night at 6:20 p.m., there were 814 coronavirus cases and we were still sitting at 17 deaths. 

This morning on GMA, they announced that George Stephanopoulos has been tested and is positive for Coronavirus. He has had no symptoms whatsoever. His wife was diagnosed early on and has had some illness and symptoms with it, but she has recovered from it. He was shocked to find out that he had tested positive because he's had no symptoms at all. I guess this just goes to show that a lot of this could be carrying it around or have or had it and not know it. In fact, apparently the CDC has estimated up to 50% of us may have had it with no symptoms! I'm kind of hoping that I'm one of those so that I have an immunity to it in the future.

1 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger geminiaup said...

stumbled upon your blog while searching for deykeae. I am loving pictures of your hoya and dischidia collection!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home