Succulent Ramblings

I like to ramble on about my plants... and other things! My hope is to log the progress of plants and talk about my frustrations with others. So, tune in, turn on, or drop out (if you find it boring!)

Friday, March 27, 2020

Friday

As of earlier today, we now have 81 cases of coronavirus in Nebraska, 13 over yesterday. There's a lot of misinformation going on about it. One of Mark's cousins sent me an audio link today that claimed that Ibuprofen intensifies the effects of coronavirus causing more death or permanent damage. When I researched it, it was absolutely false. It's scary to think that people are passing this false information around!

As for the greenhouse today, I have a big Thai Crown of Thorns hybrid that looks wonderful. It managed to keep all of its leaves through the winter and it's even blooming...
 Close up of the flowers...
And there's a tiny plant growing in the bottom... Not sure what it is, could just be a weed that sprouted from being outside last year. But it's cute enough that I'm going to let it grow and see what it is...

Check out these 3 Haworthias. First we have a truncacta, which is a species I have a hard time passing up because each is so different...
H. Reticulata var. subregularis...
And a hybrid of cymbiformis...
Hoya sp. 97005 has big roundish leaves...
Another couple of Haworthias, first an unknown species...
 I couldn't find anything that even came close to looking like this when I Googled Haworthia, so I'm wondering if it could be a hybrid between Haworthia and Aloe.

And another Haworthia truncata, a smaller clone... As I said, I have trouble resisting the species... also truncata crossed with maughanii, so I have a lot of them!
You'll notice there's a bunch of those baby Schizobasis bulbs growing in there! I'll have to remove those the spring.

Peperomia kimnachii is a really cool one, grows in an interesting fashion. I took two photos, one from the side and one from above to show how interesting it is...
This is another one I'm going to move up into a larger pot this spring in hopes that it puts on some spectacular growth. Maybe I can even get some of those weird peperomia flowers.

And here's another South African bulb, Rauhii peruviana. I was really shocked at how pretty it was when I pulled it out, and I'm glad I did because it was in dire need of water. I seem to recall that they rarely put on more than two leaves a season, so this may be it unless I'm wrong about that.

Two more photos and I'm done for today. First is my Dischidia nr. Burma, my BIG one...
It's growing in a nice sized plastic pot inside of a really pretty ceramic pot in hydroton. It travels all over the shelf and it's massive and beautiful!

And last photo today is a Hoya that I'm not 100% sure of the identity.
 I put a photo on gardenweb in hopes that someone will know its identity.  UPDATE:  It was suggested that it is H. erythrina, which I did have at one time, so I'm assuming that is correct!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home