Succulent Ramblings

I like to ramble on about my plants... and other things! My hope is to log the progress of plants and talk about my frustrations with others. So, tune in, turn on, or drop out (if you find it boring!)

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Wednesday and Shelf 2...

As of about an hour and a half ago, the coronavirus cases in Nebraska are now 66. I called Mom today to check in on her, and sounds like she's feeling fine. I told her I don't think I'm going to come down this week, to which she said  it's probably just as well given he circumstances. Besides, she said, people at the Cassco Arms get a little nervous when there's a stranger in their midst!

As for shelf 2 in the greenhouse, there's a lot there that needs to be cleaned up! Again, that one sits in the corner facing both south and east, so it contains mostly succulents. On the top shelf is one of my Hoya nicholsoniae, and up there as well is Hoya  kerrii albomarginata. I got a pic of the kerrii...
Being on the top shelf all winter helped it keep its variegation on last year's new leaves, but the older leaves faded to a pale green that I'm not particularly fond of.

Another plant that is on the top shelf is a jungle cactus commonly called Drunkards Dream. The botanical name is Hatiora salicornioides. I just love it in this pot!
It seems to be budding up as well!

On the next shelf down, I have two Echeveria agavoides cv. Lipstick...
Those red edges you see get very deep red in the summer, and the red brim gets wider as well.

Adenia glauca is putting on new leaves. I'm hoping this one will grow more for me this year as it hasn't been a big grower or so far...
Echeveria purposorum is a new one that I grew several years ago. I got it at that nice greenhouse in Des Moines a week and a half ago. It has two flower spikes on it!
I've had this Peperomia 'Hope' for several years. It doesn't seem to grow very fast for me. I'm thinking about moving it up to a bigger pot this year. I do love the fat leaves on it!
This Haemanthus albiflos is the largest of the South African bulbs I grow. It blooms the prettiest bloom every winter!
(I didn't get this published so i't going to be out of order...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home