Succulent Ramblings

I like to ramble on about my plants... and other things! My hope is to log the progress of plants and talk about my frustrations with others. So, tune in, turn on, or drop out (if you find it boring!)

Sunday, April 04, 2010

A few notes on this Bunny Day...

I wanted to document that I restarted Hoya nummularioides (again!) I got my first cutting of it in a trade in 2006 - didn't do well. Got another cutting of it in 2008 - hasn't done well, either. It had gotten very dehydrated over the winter, so I decided to restart it again. It fattened up in some moss in the aquarium and I replanted it today, so I guess we'll see if it will do ok this time. If not, I GIVE UP on this one!!

What I thought was pallida budding up (on what I thought was a "surprise" peduncle...) was actually a vine from 'Red Buttons' that had wandered behind pallida.. Darn. Well, that's ok - I'm excited to get blooms from 'Red Buttons', too.

Fungii has several peduncles just starting to bud. That ones going to be covered all up and down the vines. And I'm amazed at all the new leaves along the vines it put on last fall (beautiful, beautiful leaves!), but also new leaves at some of the clusters. Check out these photos...













Left is those filled out vines of fungii - aren't they gorgeous! And right is a peduncle budding up. It's one of my favorites!

Also blooming are my two Moth Orchids. Check out these flowers:

Both of these have bloomed several times for me, but the gorgeous colors never fail to take my breath away as they open.
Had the annual Easter family get together at Mom's today. Little Ella Rose is growing like a weed. She's got 8 new teeth! She turns 9 months old in a week or so. Merry absolutely croons over her. Even Rick can't seem to get enough of her. I guess I can see why babies are such fun for grandparents. I wish Kara wanted to stay home with her, but most girls her age are second generation feminists who "want to do it all." I just always hope that there are no regrets in 25 years - that she missed the special moments, like first step, first words, etc... I certainly wouldn't want a stranger having that experience with my child. But, in all honesty, I was of the same mentality when I was of child-bearing age, so I imagine I would have been one of those kind of parents, too. I can't quite figure out why we have the sense of the best way to do things after they're already done!
Well, off to the basement for some Sunday night TV!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home