Succulent Ramblings

I like to ramble on about my plants... and other things! My hope is to log the progress of plants and talk about my frustrations with others. So, tune in, turn on, or drop out (if you find it boring!)

Friday, April 19, 2013

I'm up early, watching the news - they caught and killed one of the Boston bombers, and the other one is on the run.  Unbelievably, they have the whole city of Boston and surrounding communities shut down and have told civilians to stay home, stay inside.  Wow.  That seems crazy extreme!!  But think about it - if they think there are no citizens on the street, it'll be easier to spot "they guy" when he tries to go anywhere.  Hmmm...

I pulled down a cactus I got at one of our club meetings a few years ago - I have no idea what it is (I'm not good at recognizing the differences between genera...), but it came from one of the members of the club who brought a whole bunch of offsets to share, and the offsets had tiny offsets of their own.  The one I got had three tiny offsets, and the "mother" plant itself was pretty darned small.  Well, after a winter on the top shelf, it looks like a million bucks!  Here's a photo of the mother plant...
...and a closer look at those babies...
 I'm not sure I would believe those babies came from that mama if I didin't own it and know that they're connected.  I wonder at what point the babies lose the little spines and why...  I think I'll take it to next month's meeting and try to figure out what it is.

Well, I'm getting ready to go over to Mom's - Aunt Judy is in town and I'm going over for coffee and cake (yummy!) before I go to work. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home