Succulent Ramblings

I like to ramble on about my plants... and other things! My hope is to log the progress of plants and talk about my frustrations with others. So, tune in, turn on, or drop out (if you find it boring!)

Friday, December 30, 2016

BEST...DAY...EVER!

I must get this down before my excitement fades.  My mind isn't a steel trap like Mom's, so it won't be as clear in 6 months or a year and I want to be able to look back and feel this excitement!

I worked today.  And it started out well, with 5 of my favorite guys... But it's what happened at the Lincoln airport that made the rest of the day truly outstanding, so that's what I'm going to describe...

So the 6 of us took vehicles over to the Lincoln airport.  It was around lunchtime, so it was decided that everyone would do whatever they wanted for lunch, so I picked up something at Casey's and ate on the road.  I was the 2nd to arrive in Lincoln, so I sat down with the guy who got there just before me (Tom) and we chatted.  Tom and I were sitting a couple seats apart, facing the same direction (I think it was west).  Larry showed up and sat next to Tom facing north.  Then Harvey showed up and sat across from Tom and I facing east.  Then Gordon showed up and sat next to Larry, facing north.  This is important only because Tom and I were facing these 4 paintings that are the focus of this story.  We were all waiting for Bill to show up...

So about the 4 paintings...  They were interesting, but I won't go into a detailed description because that's NOT really important, but they were in a "t" - one above another, then two off to the sides.  They were obviously meant to go together, kind of abstract, very colorful, but it was the bottom middle one that I especially liked and kept being drawn to.  As I chatted with the guys and we waited for Bill, my attention kept going to the bottom one - it was shades of burgundy, one of my favorite colors.  Suddenly, my eye was drawn to a window off to the left because a plane was taking off and flying at a 45 degree angle.  "Looky there!", I thought!  My eye went back to the burgundy painting and it was swaying back and forth, back and forth...No one was near it.  There were doors nearby to outside, but no one had come in, so a wind gust wasn't the cause.  Back and forth, back and forth. 

Just before Bill showed up, the Enterprise lady came over and asked if, since were were waiting, one of us could get a car for them from a dealership as she had no one to go get it.  Gordon volunteered and off he went.  Bill showed up and now we were waiting for Gordon to come back so we could head back to Omaha.  And there was the painting, going back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.  After about 5 minutes, I commented to Tom (who is facing the same direction), "Isn't that weird how that painting is rocking back and forth?"  He looked and said, "Huh, I guess a gust of wind must have got it going."  I said, "No, no one has come through those doors!"  All I got was a "huh"...

For a full 20 minutes after that, this painting continued to rock back and forth.  Never slowing down like it was losing momentum.  At about the 15 minute mark, I went to the counter where the Enterprise lady was and said, "Have you ever seen that painting over there rock back and forth like that?"  She said, "What?"...looked and said, "Ok, now THAT'S weird!  No, I've never seen that happen before!"  I said, "Cool!  I guess that means it's a message to me!"

And it continued to rock, back and forth, back and forth, never losing any momentum!  We got up to go get our cars and wait for Gordon to show up out in the parking lot, and as I passed the Enterprise counter, I told the lady, "Would you check that out in 10 minutes and see if it has stopped?  I'll ask you about it next time I'm here!"  And she said, "Yeah, I'll be interested to see if it does stop!"

Now, if you have an explanation that makes sense about this, OTHER than a spiritual message, I urge you to share it with me!  I think I've been nudged by one (or perhaps many) of my friend(s) on the other side!  YAY me!👍

1 Comments:

At 5:39 AM, Blogger marco24lifeisabeach said...

Totally believe you Denise ! I have felt or seen my mom several times and always with strange things happening. I do think they are messages or some kind of communication from . . wherever
Marco

 

Post a Comment

<< Home