Succulent Ramblings

I like to ramble on about my plants... and other things! My hope is to log the progress of plants and talk about my frustrations with others. So, tune in, turn on, or drop out (if you find it boring!)

Friday, April 09, 2010

Hueschkeliana seems to be holding its own sine I potted up the fattened up cuttings. And there are two cuttings of it left in the aquarium - I think I'll pot them up seperately. I won't mind having two of this one because the flowers are SO unique!


And the macgillivrayii cuttings seem to have rooted nicely. I'm going to try to find a good heavy pot for them this afternoon and put most of them in it, then one back in the original pot. One of the plants in the original pot is doing well, the other seems to continue to decline, so I'll probably go ahead and cut it off in hopes of reviving it in the aquarium like the others.



Imperialis, which I rerooted and put several cuttings in a new pot, continues to do fine, though I don't think there's any new growth that wasn't already there when I took the cuttings. And that new growth isn't changing. But just the fact that it's maintaining its "turgidity" and no leaves are yellowing is a good sign. I stuck one cutting in with the original plant (which I eventually cut clear back) and that one did get one yellow leaf that dropped. But it seems to have stablized and I think it will be ok. I plan to put that pot out on the back porch in a shady spot this summer in hopes that the original stump will be revived.



Oh, and YAY, there are three new growth points on the variegated multiflora stump. It had dropped ALL it's leaves after I got it last fall, but the stump looked perfectly fine, so I kept it hoping it would do exactly this. That was one of those plants I got from that Home Accents. The other one I got from there were lanceolata ssp. bella, which sat nicely all winter, doing nothing (nothing is better than declining - don't think I'm complaining!), and is now starting to put on some new growth.


The last few mornings when I get up and come sit at the computer, the strong smell of perfume has been wafting around. At first, I thought "Gee, is something in here blooming?" But the only thing even close is my multiflora, which has no scent. But when I went exploring and followed the scent, it just turned out to be lacunosa. I may have to start keeping the sunroom door closed!

I looked at nicholsonaie a little closer today and found at least a dozen budding peduncles! YOWSA! It's going to be absolutely breathtaking when it gets going. I can't wait.

'Nuff for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home