Succulent Ramblings

I like to ramble on about my plants... and other things! My hope is to log the progress of plants and talk about my frustrations with others. So, tune in, turn on, or drop out (if you find it boring!)

Sunday, January 01, 2017

One of my new favorite "quickie" meals...

Awhile back, I bought this package of thin personal-size pizza crusts:
The crust:
 I spread about 2 tablespoons of pesto sauce over the crust:
Then I cover the pesto with spinach leaves:
 Lookin' healthy, right?  Now I cover the spinach with my favorite toppings:
I put thin slices of mushroom, red onion, grape tomatoes quartered and green pepper, then about 3 tablespoons of feta cheese on top.  I bake this in a 425 degree oven for about 10-12 minutes, until the edges are a bit brown.  I slide it onto a wire rack for just a few minutes, which firms up the center of the crust a bit (baking it on a wire rack or on a pre-heated pizza stone would accomplish this, too... but bake it less time, I'm sure!)  I call this a Mediterranean pizza and it is to DIE for!  And it's not bad calorie-wise.  Crust: 150, pesto: 150, feta cheese 105, veggies: pretty much FREE.  Total:  405 calories and very satisfying.  Oh, I could probably eat two of them without batting an eye, but one is plenty for my tummy - it's just my MOUTH that wants more!  LOL!  It's very tasty! 
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home