Succulent Ramblings

I like to ramble on about my plants... and other things! My hope is to log the progress of plants and talk about my frustrations with others. So, tune in, turn on, or drop out (if you find it boring!)

Thursday, June 06, 2013

Had a couple of "drafts" and just published them so I can start a new one.  Here they are...

It's been a crazy couple of weeks at work - no time to post.  Thought I'd pop in and post just a few Hoya notes...

H. archboliana - I chopped it up and hope I will have some new rooted cuttings fairly soon.  I put what was left of the mother plant in a much smaller pot.  It has been doing poorly for a long time so this was really needed!  We've been getting lots of rain, which should help.  Rainwater is always a big plus and it's rooting out on the back porch...

H. arnottiana is NOT doing well at all!  Can't figure out what's wrong with it.  I may have to do what I did with Archie, though there isn't much left to take cuttings from.  I should probably take at least one soon... before it's all gone!

H. australis ssp. tenuipes - the old pot is starting to regrow!  Go figure.  I guess that's why I kept it.  If the roots were ok enough for it to come back, I don't understand why it went to crap last summer.  I have to believe it was perhaps the intense heat we had for so many weeks in a row, but I believe most of the australis come from relatively arid environments.  Well, I'm not complaining!

H. bhutanica - I groomed the crap out of it last week.  Pulled out the shelf it sits on and did all sides.  I took several cuttings and plan to root them.  I've been a little worried about it because the older growth seems to be yellowing and dropping, yet it's putting on new growth.  And I notice it's got some buds forming.  It can't be TOO unhappy...  I topdressed it with some fresh soil, so maybe that will help...

H. rubra - I think it needs a restart.  It's looking pretty lethargic.  I have a feeling the soil has gone sour.  This is going to be a project to start soon...

For some reason, the icon to post a photo is gone.  Seems to be hidden behind the "post settings" button.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home